Saturday, October 13, 2012

Month 6: hair 'dos

It's now been 6 months since I finished chemo. How in the world did half a year fly by so quickly?! 

I had the grand idea to measure how much my hair has grown in that time: it's a whopping 3 inches tall/long! I thought the vitamins I've been taking have worked magic, but it turns out that's typical/average hair growth. (says Wikipedia)

I currently have a tender love/hate relationship with my hair. I LOVE that it's growing out but I hate that it's in this funky in-between stage. {It's about one inch away from being a mullet in the back--eeek!} But I know I have to get through this stage so that it can grow out. In just a few short months I'll have enough hair for an adorable bob and I can't wait for that!

Lucky for me, short hair is all the rage in Hollywood right now. And at least I now have a few options for hair 'dos which is very exciting!







One more picture I have to share from this month. This is a billboard put up by Susan G Komen to promote early detection. It truly does save lives -- it saved mine! I never thought A) I'd be a poster child for anything or B) it'd ever be for breast cancer. But God's a funny man with a clever plan!



8 comments:

  1. I SO love the billboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful...inside and out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne:

    I really don't remember how I came across your blog but I continue to find myself checking in on you from time to time. Your strength is amazing!! Today while reading I realized even more of the reason I must keep returning....we are Delta Gamma sisters!!! I knew there was something special about you even though we had never spoken!! Keep on fighting and being an inspiration to many!!

    ITB,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair! The fuzzy Q tip made me laugh out loud.

    My hair is still pretty short. And very GREY! Not cool when you are under 30! lol.

    Thanks for sharing your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh your hair looks amazing! I love the Twiggy look, it's so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the hair possibilities! And totally am so proud of you on the billboard...
    Go FROGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! You are a beautiful woman! Congratulations on 6 months! (And the billboard!)

    ReplyDelete