Wednesday, October 31, 2012

a year ago

Exactly one year ago we had these amazingly beautiful family photographs taken by the fabulous Liz Behm. In this moment, life was perfect. There was no news of cancer, no cares or worries, and I was growing a sweet baby in my belly. Little did we know that just a few short weeks later in November (what ended up being the worst month of my life) that our world would change drastically.  Looking back now, these photos hold so much meaning to me; much more than just the typical family photographs. They capture the joy of the perfect life we were blissfully living. They embody carefree moments of hope & optimism. Oh how I wish I could go back and live in this moment in time forever.





Please bear with me as the next month will be very difficult for me. The anniversaries of losing our baby and my diagnosis are moments that I'm dreading reliving/remembering with ever fiber of my being. But I know it's all part of this healing process that I must fight through. And I will.

11 comments:

  1. I love you Anne and wish I could be with you during this month. But know even from across the ocean people are praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget the day of your diagnosis either. I felt like I was walking around in a fog all day, so I can only imagine how you felt. LOVE that saying at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with Jackie! And I can't believe it's been a year since those photos were taken. As the saying says, you are a different person now, a better and stronger person. You will get through the next month, and we are all here for you!

      Delete
  3. Hugs my dear sweet friend. That's all I've got!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, wishing you strength. You are strong. So strong. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember those days/conversations with you so vividly. You're an amazing person and have inspired so many this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember we are here for you as you work your way through the next month. So much has happened, so much has changed. You have lost, and you have grown. May hope always remain.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos! Wow.. the light is amazing and the love and happiness just shows through! I hope you will be okay and that you'll find strength with your beautiful family! hugs! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne your photos are beautiful... I can only imagine what it would have been like to lose your little a babe at this difficult time. And looking back on pictures pre-diagnosis can be so difficult. Bittersweet really. I often look back and think "Poor thing had no idea what was about to happen..." It is so very emotional.

    Sending you love, peace and healing during this time..

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely be praying for you! I am a friend of Liz's too...from CAFB 4 years ago when you were there too. I actually remember you bc you lived next to Cindy! Anyway I have also lost a baby and I feel your pain! It seems to always be there...wondering what was this baby, what would they be like today?? Prayers for you as you face this rough month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will keep you in my prayers. It has been a hard year, but you have shown us you are a strong young woman and we continue to be so very proud of you...

    ReplyDelete