Monday, February 13, 2012

Really, I'm fine!

Well I survived the past week from chemo; and really, I'm fine! Seriously! Last week was life as normal: cooking dinner, cleaning house, running errands, chasing my 2 year old. I wouldn't have had it any other way; I refuse to let this ruin my life! Chemo can't keep this mama down.

A lot of people have been so anxious, thinking I've been hugging the toilet for the past week. The truth is I haven't felt one second of nausea! Thank you God! I've had a few random, mild side-effects but they're from the side-effect medication. How's that for irony? But even though the steroid has made me feel a lil weird, I'd much rather have that than awful life-halting chemo symptoms.

Today I had blood work done and my oncologist was very pleased with all my levels. My white count is good, so my immune system isn't compromised. My platelets are normal, so my bone marrow is still working well. He said "You can go out and do anything you want. Eat anything you want. See you in 2 weeks!" Hooray!

Even though my body has been through A LOT in the past few months (heck, even the past year), I am still continually amazed by it. So many times recently I've caught myself being bitter and upset, thinking "why is my body failing me?! I've taken such good care of it!" But knowing how hard it's working now, I will think twice about complaining about my body again. It is because of this mysterious, awesome gift of flesh from God that I am able to overcome this now. Thank you Lord for blessing me each & every day!

"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD"
Jeremiah 30:17

5 comments:

  1. :) Needed your positive attitude tonight :) Glad you are still feeling awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TV shows give Chemo a very bad rap .... Not that it is fun, but it is nothing like it used to be thanks to the additional meds. We are so glad you are feeling good ... X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. Love you and miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of you! Alethea sends her love also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great if you updated this ever so often... we want to hear what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete