Even though we lead two completely different lives, I've felt like Giuliana and I are kindred souls to be going through what we've endured in the same time frame recently. We were both battling infertility, subsequently lost a baby, and were then both diagnosed within weeks of each other. She had her double mastectomy surgery on Dec 13, mine was on Dec 28.
What an inspiration she has been to me, just seeing someone so strong going through a very emotional & vulnerable time in the public eye. Her grace amazes me and I am incredibly encouraged by strong will to keep going. (Just the fact that she returned to work on the Red Carpet weeks later & looked AH-MAZING was shocking to me!) She gave me hope that if she could recover so quickly, then I could too!
Needless to say I'd give anything to be put in touch with Giuliana and be her best friend :) Well my BFF Desiree took that to the next step for me. She attended a taping of Giuliana's show The Fashion Police in Hollywood a few weeks ago, in hopes of talking to her after the show. Leave it to Desiree to hang around after taping finished so she could meet Giuliana for me! She spoke to her for a while and told her all about my story; plus gave her my blog info! I was so bummed I could not be there in person too, but this was the next best thing. And here's the picture they took together for me :)
Thank you, Giuliana, for taking the time to speak to Desiree & hear my story! It meant the world to me to know that you cared! :) More than anything else, just the fact that she told Desiree, "You tell Anne that everything is going to be OK. She's going to be just fine!" It completely warmed my heart to have another survivor and fellow sister in this journey share her encouragement.
And if anyone ever feels compelled to donate to breast cancer, Bright Pink is a wonderful organization targeted for YOUNG women with breast & ovarian cancer. It is where all of the money from my tshirt proceeds will be donated!
I just love her, she is so gorgeous inside and out, such an inspiration, just like you :)
ReplyDelete