Thursday, December 15, 2011

a new year

I realize the New Year is a few weeks away, but my new year starts today. Today I turn 29 and say GOODBYE to 28. What a terrible, horrible, no good very bad year: infertility, deployment, the loss of a baby, cancer diagnosis. I'm ready to close the book on 28 and I'm thankful it's over. 29 isn't promising to be super 'fun' either -- it'll be an entire year of battles, but I'm ready to fight them head-on.

My dear friend Emily gave me this as a birthday present today, and it couldn't be more spot on. Thank you Emily, I appreciate your love & friendship more than you could ever imagine; you always seem to know just how to meet me where I am in my faith at any given moment!
*So maybe I am still working on the last part about laughing without fear. But I'll get there!

5 comments:

  1. Aw I love that saying, very powerful. Together we can laugh without fear by coming from a place of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great verse! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Love that verse- and here's to a new year filled with hope and promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Just caught up on your blog. You don't know me - I saw your blog link on styleberry PHOTO facebook page - I have just undergone chemo and bilateral mastectomy & lymph dissection for a late stage 2/grade 3 tumor that tested positive in three nodes. I have the BRCA1 mutation and was diagnosed at 29 (just turned 30). I'd love to follow along on your journey - was wondering if you could email me at statechick at gmail dot com - Thanks and many prayers, Candace
    www.everyneedsupplied.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful thing to strive for. Thinking and praying daily for you Anne!
    Elissa

    ReplyDelete