Monday, March 12, 2012

out of the mouth of babes

I truly have not given enough credit to my precious daughter who has handled her bald mommy with SUCH grace. What an amazing little person she is for only being 2.5 years old. None of what we've endured has seemed to phase her and I am so grateful to God for her resiliency during this journey.

Just wanted to share some of the precious things she's said to me over the past few weeks since I lost my hair:
  • "Mommy, I love your bald head"
  • "Why are you wearing white hair?" -- when I was wearing a platinum blonde wig
    • "Mommy, your hair is darker!" -- the next day, when I wore my normal-hair-color wig.
    • Me: "Yep, it is darker! Remember this is like my old hair color".
    • Her: "You're not sick anymore?!?!" 
  •  "Dear God, thank you for Mommy's bald head" -- bedtime prayers
  • "When I'm a big mommy like you one day, I'll be sick and lose my hair too" {cue sobbing from me}
    It was so bittersweet to hear her say that and connect mommies & being sick, yet to also want to be just like her mommy when she grows up. 
  •  And just yesterday she brought my wig to me and asked to wear it while playing dress-up. It totally completed her outfit :)

    I love this sweet baby girl with every fiber of my being!


 "And said to him,  'Do you hear you what these say?' And Jesus said to them, 'Yes; have you never read, Out of the mouth of babes and children you have perfected praise?"  
Matthew 21:16

3 comments:

  1. She is amazing...just like her mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful how children can put things in perspective for us? :) You have one precious girl on your hands!

    ReplyDelete